Oracle Running Under Alpha Boxes

From: Laura Jacobs O'Donnell <LLJSYS_at_RIT.EDU>
Date: 1997/01/20

We are currently running Oracle Workgroup Server 7.2 on a Windows NT 3.51 Alpha box. We are primarily using this box to understand Oracle. In the near future, we will be putting on an actual production system on this box. We are wondering if we should keep Oracle running on Alpha Windows NT or convert the box to DEC Unix and run Oracle on that platform. We will be having approximately 10 concurrent users on this system. The data base would be extremely small in size.

In the past, it seems that a larger number of Alpha Oracle Users ran under Unix. Is this still true? Has this changed? Also, Oracle Technical Support did not seem to be up to date regarding the Alpha platform. This is a decision that we will need to live with for a long time!

All comments and experiences will be appreciated!!

I can be reached at LLJSYS_at_RIT.EDU or (716) 475-2973. Received on Mon Jan 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST