Re: Connect ORACLE to WWW through CGI-Perl-Script

From: SREESG <sreesg_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/05

I think I understand your question correctly ! What is the problem with Pro*C /PL/SQL or OCI ? I guess it is the best interface to RDBMS kernel compared to any other products like SYBASE / INFORMIX .

Did you ever try using the Oracle Web Server 2x ? You dont want to do lot of C code in Oracle any way. I bet there is always a cute way of writing programs using PL/SQL oracle web agent. If you are going to use your own PEARL scripts etc, you may have the headache of maintaining connections to the DB etc.

Good Luck
Sree Received on Sun Jan 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST