FAT or NTFS?

From: Larry Marek <lmarek_at_umich.edu>
Date: 1996/12/18

I read somewhere that Oracle performs better with FAT vs. NTFS. Does anyone have any benchmarks on this? I have typically large data files (over 2 GB) that would probably benefit from even a slight performance gain, but I'm not sure I want to give up the security of NTFS.

I will be running Oracle 7.3 on a dual Pentium Pro server with NT 4.0. Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated. Received on Wed Dec 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CST