Re: Linking IP address to Oracle process

From: MARREEL Chris <MARREEL_CHRIS/BENG_at_bekaert.com>
Date: 1996/11/07

Andy Finkenstadt wrote:

> >> We have had a similar problem - using SQL*Net to connect to Oracle, how can
> >> we tell which session belongs to which user (given that our app is
> >> designed to connect to Oracle with a common Oracle userid).
>
> Using "lsof -i" check for all processes that have connections to
> the local orasrv port. The remote host name will be the machine
> connected to your local oracle database.
>
> Next cross-check the local process number with the process number
> recorded in the v$session & v$process views.
>
> Andy
> --
> Andrew Finkenstadt, The Printing House Ltd, Also a GEnie Sysop

This looks very interresting. Even the guys at the ORACLE-support here in Belgium didn't know that because we recently asked this question to the support-department. Even the responce center of HP-Belgium told us it was IMPOSSIBLE. I will forward them the information.

Where can I find the above mentioned "lsof"-program ? I have it on my system (probably installed with other software from a third party) at the moment, but I don't have any documentation (man-pages....) This "lsof"-program seems VERY interresting.... Can you tell me where I can find it ?

Greetings
  Chris MARREEL.

BEKAERT ENGINEERING                  Tel : 32 / 51 / 333 515
Meulebekestraat  139                 Fax : 32 / 51 / 333 472
8770 - INGELMUSTER                           -----------\
   West-Vlaanderen (BELGIUM)                   /------\ |
Name          : MARREEL Chris                  | |----\ |
Function      : System Administrator           | |    | |
Compuserve    : 106101,1624                    | \----/ |     \\|//
INTERNET Email: MARREEL_CHRIS/BENG_at_bekaert.com \--------/     (o o)