Re: Linking IP address to Oracle process

From: Andy Finkenstadt <genie_at_panix.com>
Date: 1996/11/07

In <328259C1.32E4_at_bekaert.com> MARREEL Chris <MARREEL_CHRIS/BENG_at_bekaert.com> writes:
> This looks very interresting. Even the guys at the ORACLE-support here
> in Belgium didn't know that because we recently asked this question to
> the support-department. Even the responce center of HP-Belgium told us
> it was IMPOSSIBLE. I will forward them the information.

I invented this technique out of desperation, in order to find out which CGI program or workstation was hogging up all my resources on our db server.

lsof is a searchable term in www.altavista.digital.com. It looks like

<A HREF="http://www-dccs.stanford.edu/lists/sun-managers/hyper94/0862.html"> is the best place to start for a list of FTP sites that carry lsof. </A>

--
Andrew Finkenstadt, The Printing House Ltd, Also a GEnie Sysop

"By the time they had diminished from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began
to suspect 'Hungry' ..."                -- Gary Larson, "The Far Side"