Re: how can I determine the primary key for a table?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:25:25 +0200

ddf wrote:
> On Mar 30, 12:48 pm, Maxim Demenko <mdeme..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
>>> A good reason why the data dictionary contains the information it
>>> does.
{snip!!]

> I do understand this, however the example the OP posted clearly shows
> a unique index enforcing the primary key so I tailored the example to
> his given conditions.
>
> I'd prefer to not confuse the OP with facts he's not using.
>

> David Fitzjarrell

Sorry to disagree - but the OP only has a unique index, with a confusing name, which led you to believe there is a primary key constraint. All the OP did was querying ALL_INDEXES.

An index, unique or not, is not the same as a constraint.

There's another view to be queried for constraints, as Maxim showed.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel