Re: View Indexes

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 14 Apr 2009 12:01:39 -0700

steff007jim_at_gmail.com wrote:
: I'm trying to view all the indexes in an Oracle table. I try the
: command "select * from USER_INDEXES" and I get no results. I no there
: area tons of tables and indexes in this database (which by the way was
: created by SYSADM. How can I view them.

USER_xxx views will show you the things that your username owns, which are typically the objects your username creates.

If an account called SYSADM was used to create an object then most likely that account now owns the object, and the object will appear in a USER_xxx view only if you login as SYSADM.

You should find the objects in the appropriate ALL_xxx view, assuming you have what ever permissions are needed to do that. Received on Tue Apr 14 2009 - 14:01:39 CDT

Original text of this message