Re: Migrating from Win2k3 to linux

From: Jan Lühr <usenet_at_stephan.homeunix.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:32:58 +0100

Hello,

Vladimir M. Zakharychev schrieb:
> On Nov 23, 3:34 am, Jan Lühr <use..._at_stephan.homeunix.net> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to migrate an existing database. So far I've done a cold
>> backup and copied all database and control files to the new host.
>> However - some paths are messed up - of course, since Linux can't handle
>> c:\.
>> Do you know a(convienient, efficient ;-) way to identify and change
>> messy paths of data files, log files, etc.?
>>

> Given the same bitness and endianness of source and target there
> shouldn't be any issues with binary compatibility of that backup To
> rename the files, you need to record the file names in the source
> database by querying V$LOGFILE, V$DATAFILE and V$TEMPFILE and saving
> the results of these queries for reference; CREATE PFILE='c:\init.ora'
> FROM SPFILE at the source, copy that init.ora to the target, fix the
> paths to control file copies in it (as well as various xxx_dest
> destinations) and issue STARTUP MOUNT PFILE='/path/to/copied-and-
> edited/init.ora' at the target; and finally ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE
> 'c:\source\dir\filename.dbf' TO '/whatever/the/new/path/is/

Well, there seems to be a problem here:
SQL> SELECT name from V$datafile;

NAME

F:\ORACLE\ADMINISTRATOR\ORADATA\ORCL\SYSTEM01.DBF F:\ORACLE\ADMINISTRATOR\ORADATA\ORCL\SYSAUX01.DBF etc.

But:
SQL> alter database rename file
'F:\ORACLE\ADMINISTRATOR\ORADATA\ORCL\SYSTEM01.DBF' TO '/home/oracle/app/oracle/oradata/orcl/SYSTEM01.DBF'; alter database rename file
'F:\ORACLE\ADMINISTRATOR\ORADATA\ORCL\SYSTEM01.DBF' TO '/home/oracle/app/oracle/oradata/orcl/SYSTEM01.DBF' *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01511: error in renaming log/data files ORA-01516: nonexistent log file, datafile, or tempfile "F:\ORACLE\ADMINISTRATOR\ORADATA\ORCL\SYSTEM01.DBF" What might be wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Keep smiling
yanosz Received on Sun Nov 23 2008 - 10:32:58 CST

Original text of this message