exporting datas from an Oracle db embedded in an office automation software

From: <aarandryke_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 01:07:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,
if the subject is a little bit cryptic, I will try to explain it better.

A client of mine manages his business using a software based on an embedded distro of Oracle.
I "suppose" it's an Oracle db because in the installation folder of the
software you can see a lot of files starting with string similar to: Oracle, Orac, ORAC.dll and so on.
One of them was similar to a command line terminal. I have no ORACLE experience.
He needs to abandon this platform because he's having troubles with the software house.
So the question is: is it possible to export all the data contained in the
db without calling the service of the software house. The client is sure they won't give him any back up. Moreover the software has no backup utility (or at least no visible back up button or menu voice).
On saturday I could post a screen capture of the installation folder so
you could make your valid considerations. Thank you in advance for any suggestion, help or tutorial.

Franz Received on Thu Nov 13 2008 - 03:07:40 CST

Original text of this message