Oracle table Replication between versions

From: David Gempton <davidg_at_ttc4it_dot_co_dot_nz>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 12:02:36 +1200

Can anyone suggest a way of Replicating a group of tables from one database out to another under these conditions:

+ Source database is version 8.1.7.4
+ Destination database is version is 10.2
+ Tables contain Longs
+ Tables do not have primary keys
+ Changes need to be applied to destination tables asap after the commit.

I've looked at Data Guard, Streams, & Snapshots, non of which fits the requirement.

Unfortunately upgrading the Source database is not an option for us due to the application being used.

Currently we are using a software solution that I specifically wrote to perform the task. But it has been suggested that there are better Oracle solutions. I am interested in using one of these if possible.

--

Kind regards
David Gempton - IT Consultant