Oracle XE/BEA Weblogic

From: Tim Slattery <>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:23:50 -0400

I've got Oracle XE installed on my desktop so I can explore and learn Oracle preparatory to converting our apps from Sybase to Oracle. I also have BEA Weblogic installed on my desktop so I can test my webapps before deploying them.

I've tried to establish a connection pool in Weblogic that talks to OracleXE, and I keep getting told "Connection refused". I know XE is a restricted version of Oracle, do the restrictions include not servicing third-party programs like Weblogic?

Tim Slattery