Re: Oracle XE/BEA Weblogic

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 23:25:51 +0200

Tim Slattery schrieb:
> I've got Oracle XE installed on my desktop so I can explore and learn
> Oracle preparatory to converting our apps from Sybase to Oracle. I
> also have BEA Weblogic installed on my desktop so I can test my
> webapps before deploying them.
>
> I've tried to establish a connection pool in Weblogic that talks to
> OracleXE, and I keep getting told "Connection refused". I know XE is a
> restricted version of Oracle, do the restrictions include not
> servicing third-party programs like Weblogic?

Did you download Oracle XE before Oracle acquired Bea or after ? (sorry, could not resist ;-)
There are some errors possible related to the "Connection refused" , so the full error message could be helpful

grep -i "connection refused" oraus.msg

00115, 00000, "connection refused; dispatcher connection table is full"
00125, 00000, "connection refused; invalid presentation"
00126, 00000, "connection refused; invalid duplicity"
12564, 00000, "TNS:connection refused"

I would rather suggest, you have not properly configured your connection pool, Oracle XE is restricted in regard resource utilization and some advanced Oracle features (like partitioning) - but the core functionality is the same as by Oracle 10g EE, network connectivity is part of core functionality (imho).

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon Jul 14 2008 - 16:25:51 CDT

Original text of this message