Re: Visual Query tools for Oracle?

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 05:41:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 17, 12:28 pm, anvi..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Is it possible that a good visual query tool for Oracle just doesn't
> exist? Don't tell me that real professionals don't use graphic tools,
> I have been designing database applications for 30 years but I still
> appreciate the speed of a good graphical interface.

Well, that's you. I prefer tools with a text UI. In fact I use SQL*PLus most of the time. :-)

> Any suggestions about existing tools are welcome, but please make sure
> that they are capable of working with large databases (hundred of
> tables and terabytes of data).

The data volume in the DB is irrelevant (unless you plan to draw terabyte reports, which I doubt any client tool will handle gracefully).

Not 100% what you want but at least has support for table and column name as well as keyword completion, which allows reasonable fast creation of queries. No graphical output but support for several databases among them oracle (with plan and other statistics display) and it's cross platform.

http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/

Kind regards

robert Received on Thu Mar 20 2008 - 07:41:29 CDT

Original text of this message