Visual Query tools for Oracle?

From: <anvi777_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 04:28:14 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I just lost another 2 hours this morning trying to find a visual query tool for Oracle that has reasonable performance and user friendliness.
I tested FlySpeed SQL Query (freeware), Maestro Oracle code factory (trial) and my standard tool Toad 9 (commercial product). In my opinion none of the three does a good job. The first two make a ridicolous use of memory that makes them totally unusable with large databases.
Toad is much better at that, but the interface to create and execute queries using the "Query Builder" tool is a pain in the neck.

Is it possible that a good visual query tool for Oracle just doesn't exist? Don't tell me that real professionals don't use graphic tools, I have been designing database applications for 30 years but I still appreciate the speed of a good graphical interface.

Any suggestions about existing tools are welcome, but please make sure that they are capable of working with large databases (hundred of tables and terabytes of data).

Andrea Received on Mon Mar 17 2008 - 06:28:14 CDT

Original text of this message