Re: all SPAM all the time

From: Doug Miller <spambait_at_milmac.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:35:49 GMT

In article <330836bf-5606-4fc9-8c91-0bffe5750933_at_q78g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, "fitzjarrell_at_cox.net" <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> wrote:
>On Mar 19, 10:26=A0am, jammy <james_j..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>> http://languages-languages.spamspot.com
>
>Possibly you should learn ENGLISH so you can understand that
>
>THIS
>
>IS
>
>SPAM
>
>AND
>
>NEEDS

>BE
>
>REMOVED.
>
>Hopefully my saying that loudly and slowly will allow you to
>comprehend its content.

To spammers, newsgroups are a write-only medium. You're wasting your time writing a response that will never be read by its intended target.

>You've been reported to google groups for abuse and to yahoo for
>violations of their Terms of Service Agreement.

Google doesn't give a rat's rear end. You're wasting your time writing to them, too. They won't do anything.

Yahoo might -- but the most they'll do is close that account. It won't stop him from opening a new one five minutes later.

Bottom line: you can't stop the spammers from spamming. What you *can* do is join the Usenet Improvement Project (www.improve-usenet.org) and killfile all traffic coming from Google Groups. Received on Thu Mar 20 2008 - 09:35:49 CDT

Original text of this message