Re: OTN subscriptions no more?

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:30:11 -0800

Angie Kong wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> I did check out the free download option on but there are license
> notes indicating I can only build 1 prototype and/or use for 30days. It also
> says I can use for any self-educating purposes so long as it's not put in
> production or for commercial use.
> I know a newgroups isn't the best place to ask licensing questions but you
> guys probably know it better than most. Is it ok for me to download the
> software, install on my home machine and tinker with various features
> whenever I have time? Thanks.
> aK.

It would be wrong for me to advise you to violate Oracle's license so I feel duty bound to direct you to Oracle XE which is totally free even if you put it into production.

Of course you can also buy a single named user license for SE1, SE, or even EE at a remarkably reasonable price. <g>

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group