Re: Installing 9i client on Windows 2003 Server

From: <dn.perl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:38:02 -0700

On Oct 8, 3:46 pm, "dn.p..._at_gmail.com" <dn.p..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I had installed Oracle 10g client on Windows 2003 Server. Today I
> uninstalled it and tried to install 9i client. But setup.exe does not
> run.

A quick follow-up.

I installed Oracle Univ. Installer on Windows 2003 server. The path to its setup.exe is :
E:\program files\Oracle\oui\install

The path to Oracle 9i client setup.exe is : D:\oracle client installer - 9i

If I run ....oui\install\setup.exe, and specify : D:\oracle client installer - 9i\setup.exe as its source path, I get an error message :
D:\oracle client installer - 9i\setup.exe is either a directory or is a corrupt file.
Am I specifying the source path correctly?

While Oracle's download site does not specifically say that 9i client is available for Windows Server 2003, a support page by microsoft does suggest that 8.x client can run on Windows 2003 Server. Check : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826961. And if Oracle 8x client can run on Windows 2003, Oracle 9i client should be able to run, too. Received on Mon Oct 08 2007 - 18:38:02 CDT