Re: 10g personal edition licensing question

From: HansF <fuzzy.greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 May 2007 14:09:49 -0700

Single user license ... get Personal Edition. Oracle Sales are not interested in such a small sale and will always try to upsell. Buy it from the Oracle Store (http://store.oracle.com) . Get license information from http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/portal.portal_db?selected=1 (search for License)

Oracle's Database 10g Release Software in a nutshell, in ascending order of capability, with each successive one including all the features from the previous:

Express Edition
- basic database, basic SQL, basic PL/SQL, no Java Stored Procedures
in the database
- limited to 4GB data, 1GB DB memory, 1 CPU (no parallel operations)

Standard Edition One
- add Java in the database and all the related built-in stored
packages
- limited to one machine, max 2 CPU

Standard Edition
- add included clustered database (RAC) and ASM

Enterprise Edition
- remove included RAC

Personal Edition
- limited to Windows OS

/Hans

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!