Re: 10g personal edition licensing question

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 May 2007 14:10:35 -0700

On May 21, 11:50 am, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> cumin wrote:
> > I would like to obtain an Oracle license that would allow me to
> > analyze and interpret and query about 10-20 GB of data. The production
> > people upload delimited data to the public, which I download and
> > insert using sqlldr.
>
> > I am not developing an application. No other user needs access to my
> > database. I provide a support role to the actual production team. I
> > had been using the free download of the Enterprise Edition until I re-
> > read the license and saw that using the database to analyze and
> > interpret the data was expressly forbidden.
>
> > Trying to talk to Oracle about this has been frustrating. In addition,
> > all the license agreements posted by them appear identical,
> > prohibiting the use of the DB for analyzing and interpreting data.
>
> > Can anybody point me in a direction that will allow my employer to
> > purchase a single user, license that will allow me to look at data?
>
> > Thank you.
>
> How about XE?http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/index....
> It's "FREE Product" - well, some restrictions apply, see:http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/xe/index.html
>
> - --

"Up to 4G of user data."

Sounds like SE1, unless you need DW stuff: http://www.oracle.com/database/product_editions.html http://www.oracle.com/database/Std_One.html

I guess you might have to call the 800 number. Wonder what happened to the online store?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Teach your children well: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/15/AR2007051502060.html