10g personal edition licensing question

From: cumin <jkilbourne_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 May 2007 09:45:01 -0700

I would like to obtain an Oracle license that would allow me to analyze and interpret and query about 10-20 GB of data. The production people upload delimited data to the public, which I download and insert using sqlldr.

I am not developing an application. No other user needs access to my database. I provide a support role to the actual production team. I had been using the free download of the Enterprise Edition until I reread  the license and saw that using the database to analyze and interpret the data was expressly forbidden.

Trying to talk to Oracle about this has been frustrating. In addition, all the license agreements posted by them appear identical, prohibiting the use of the DB for analyzing and interpreting data.

Can anybody point me in a direction that will allow my employer to purchase a single user, license that will allow me to look at data?

Thank you. Received on Mon May 21 2007 - 11:45:01 CDT