drop and recreate sequence from sql

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:03:17 -0500

Hi.

I can't seem to figure out the correct syntax here. This should be usable on oracle 9i up.

I have a sequence and table that is a bit messed up and I'd like to supply an sql script someone could run to fix things. Bacially

declare
myMax number;
begin
select max (table_id) + 1 into somevar from mytable into myMax; drop sequence mytable_table_id_seq;
create sequence mytable_table_id_seq startwith myMax;

end;

but it does not like the drop and create.

Can someone tell me the best way to get this working?

thanks
Jeff Kish Received on Mon Feb 12 2007 - 14:03:17 CST