Software Configuration Management for table schema, store procedures?

From: Mark Harrison <mh_at_pixar.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:14:26 GMT

I'm looking for references and advice on the best way to manage table schema and stored procedures with regards to software configuration management.

Basically, as we modify schema and stored procedures I would like to save copies and check them into our revision control system. We have a set of *.sql files that we can load into a new user account so that we can (for example) create scratch development environments, etc.

We do our Oracle development in Sql Developer and revision control in Perforce.

Many TIA!
Mark

--
Mark Harrison