Re: changing the isolation level

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 06:26:28 GMT

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 15:51:41 -0800, AlterEgo wrote:

> Most of the time when I am accessing a newsgroup thread, I have already
> followed the thread when I open it and don't need to read the prior posts.

Quite a self-centered attitude.

The purpose of bottom posting is to permit the community to jump in when thyey have interest/time/expertise. Thus permitting the original poster to gain the most experience or feedback.

This is the opposite approach of an email, in which the communicants (or combatants) are expected to be familiar with the subject matter and simply include it for verification or reference.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!