Re: Rman - could not restore database after restoring backup controlfile

From: Lech <leszek.adamek_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2006 01:06:28 -0800

I used following RMAN commands:

  1. configure channel device type disk maxpiecesize=4G;
  2. backup database format '/mnt/backup/bpsc_%U.bkp' include current controlfile plus archivelog; then I shut down oracle and moved control and data files to other location, then I restored controlfiles form backup using: restore controlfile from '/mnt/backup/bpsc_07i51o55_1_1.bkp'; then I restarted and mounted database and tried to restore using restore database but i obtained following errors: RMAN-06026: some targets not found - aborting restore RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafiles .... -for all datafiles, so I assumed my backup isn't registered in catalog (controlfile).I konow that I can catalog datafile copy but I can't find a way to catalog a backup. Regards Lech