Re: Rman - could not restore database after restoring backup controlfile

From: Jim Smith <usenet_at_ponder-stibbons.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:36:37 +0000

In message <1166427629.304419.243970_at_73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com>, Lech <leszek.adamek_at_gmail.com> writes
>Hello all!
>I'm testing ability to restore database after total loosing of
>datafiles and controlfiles. I have Rman backup with controlfile. I
>restored controlfile from backup, but I cannot restore database using
>the same backup. I'm getting error "RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of
>datafile..." when I try to "restore database". I don't use catalog
>database. Is it possible to re-catalog backup? How?
>Thank you for help
>Lech

What rman commands are you using to backup? What is the location of the backups?
What commands are you using to restore?

--
Jim Smith
Ponder Stibbons Limited <http://oracleandting.blogspot.com/>