Re: Transferring Oracle database

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:12:21 +0100

Michal AKA Miki schrieb:
> Meanwhile a bunch of details:
> - Oracle on HP UX has version 8.1.6
> - Oracle on Windows should be version 10.x (10.0.9 AFAIR), but if I will not
> manage, I will do also version 8.1.6. But this is situation not very
> comfortable, because version 8.x is not supported anymore by Oracle...
> - Oracle on Windows is not yet installed, I don't know if it's important
> info :)
> - I practiced IMP80.EXE and EXP80.EXE - data transfers are easy... but I
> need also to transfer procedures, tablespaces settings, and whole rest.
Do you really /want/ to transfer tablespace setitngs? I mean, you are really sure you don't want locally managed tablespaces? A migration from 8 to 10g is a bit more than just copying stuff. Have you tested this? I've heard bad things about forms performance for instance, when the RBO goes away.
And what's 10.0.9? I can't find any 10.0 release. As far as I know the first 10g release was 10.1.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.