Re: Deadlock in single session

From: Martin T. <bilbothebagginsbab5_at_freenet.de>
Date: 19 Oct 2006 08:02:03 -0700

Tarby777 wrote:
> Martin T. wrote:
> > * Is your session in fact the only one accessing the schema/table?
> > (Jobs, Rollbacks, etc.)
> > * I guess you are running some tests here? Where does the test schema
> > come from? (via IMP ?)
> >
> > br,
> > Martin
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> Yes, it's definitely the only session running. It's a database on my
> laptop that no-one else accesses and I don't have any batch jobs
> running, or anything like that.
>
> As you say, I'm running some tests. I have a dump file from a
> customer's database. I created a new user in my database and imported
> the data from the dump using IMP, so that I can go through the
> application upgrade process that they will eventually go through.

Is the import and the schema update done in the same script? I had a remotely similar problem, discussed here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.misc/browse_frm/thread/9c033e92a79207e8/cd4e56709777992f?#cd4e56709777992f

Maybe that helps.

cheers,
Martin Received on Thu Oct 19 2006 - 10:02:03 CDT