Re: Deadlock in single session

From: Tarby777 <nick_williamson_at_mentorg.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2006 08:36:34 -0700

Martin T. wrote:
> Is the import and the schema update done in the same script?
> I had a remotely similar problem, discussed here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.misc/browse_frm/thread/9c033e92a79207e8/cd4e56709777992f?#cd4e56709777992f
>
> Maybe that helps.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Hi Martin,

No, the import is done from the DOS prompt and once complete, I start up a SQLplus Worksheet session to execute the script.

The script itself, simply put, is:

  1. A little DML, followed by
  2. A load of DDL, followed by
  3. A load of DML

...all in the same one script.

I do see a similarity between my situation and the thread you pointed me to, in that some of the new columns being created on the table referenced in the trace file have default values - and in your thread someone says DDL like that can be a source of problems sometimes. I'll try removing the defaults from this particular tables, just as an exercise...

Regards,
Nick Received on Thu Oct 19 2006 - 10:36:34 CDT