Re: Urgent help needed!

From: <rwking_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2006 20:10:08 -0700

> The "size" of a database can mean different things to different people.
>
> If you want to know how much space the database uses on the server's
> disk system, you can issue the following query:
>
> SELECT SUM(bytes) AS bytes FROM dba_data_files;
>
> However, the datafiles could be a little empty, mostly empty or
> somewhere in between. So many people look at the amount of space
> occupied by the tables and indexes in the database. Any object that
> allocates space in the database is called a segment, so a different
> query is used:
>
> SELECT SUM(bytes) AS bytes FROM dba_segments;
>
> Hopefully this answer gets to you in time for you to turn in your
> homework......
>
> Cheers,
> Brian

Brian,

Thank you so much for your input. Unfortunately, when I try to run these queries, I recieve the message "table or view does not exist." I'm beginning to think that my meak username does not have the ability to perform such queries. Could that be the case?

Thanks,

Rich Received on Wed Sep 13 2006 - 22:10:08 CDT