Re: Urgent help needed!

From: <rwking_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2006 20:06:20 -0700

G Quesnel wrote:
> Who are you connecting as - try "show user"
> What do you mean by "raw data"
> Where is the database - do you have access to the "server".
> Are you saying that you can not issue a OS command to determine the
> size of all database files (Windows: right click + properties of
> folders where all data+temp+log+control files - Unix df -k <folder
> name>).
> Can you connect to the database as a user who has dba privileges (SYS
> or SYSTEM)?
>
> Did you try the Alternate views USER_ and ALL_ on the views Vista has
> suggested (ie USER_DATA_FILES I think works on tablespace you have been
> granted quota on)

Is this the correct format? Thank you for your response... I did try the query you suggested, but my response was:

ERROR:
ORA-04043: object USER_DATA_FILES does not exist

And the same was true with ALL_

When I tried using ISM61018, I recieved this message:

ERROR:
ORA-04043: object ism61018_data_files does not exist

I do not have DBA privileges on this database as the entire class was granted a username/password. Does this mean I will not be able to execute a query of this type?

Regards,

Rich Received on Wed Sep 13 2006 - 22:06:20 CDT