Re: Noob Oracle Question

From: CJM <cjmnews04_at_REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:53:52 +0100

"gazzag" <gareth_at_jamms.org> wrote in message news:1155897309.006383.200500_at_p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

> Have you tried SQL Developer? I suspect you'll find it far more
> useful. You can download it here:

I've already got SQL Developer, thanks. In fact, alomg with OEM, it's all I've got at the moment.

>> If you were setting up a new User/Schema, what system privileges would
>> you
>> generally provide to that user for that Schema, if any?
>>

> It honestly depends on what privileges that schema needs. A very
> minimum would be CREATE SESSION. This privilege allows the user to
> connect to the database.

I've added CREATE SESSION/TABLE/PROCEDURE/VIEW/TRIGGER/SEQUENCE, so far, as system privileges.

> You could do worse than peruse this:
> http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14266/admusers.htm#DBSEG10000

Already there! lol

Except I started on page one and have been working my way through. Unfortunately my brains are starting to dribble through my nostrils, and last night I was dreaming about PL/SQL!

I've suggessfully created a sequence, and I'm now trying to create a simple table, which will be followed by a trigger to form an identity field equivalent. Unfortunately I'm having problems creating the table: SQL Error: ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'SNE'.

Any thoughts? I definitely have CREATE TABLE privileges...

Thanks

Chris Received on Fri Aug 18 2006 - 05:53:52 CDT