Re: *pressure Google to put Groups back on main page...*

From: Michael Heiming <michael+USENET_at_www.heiming.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:36:51 +0200

[ Followup-To -> comp.os.linux.misc ]

In comp.os.linux.misc timasmith_at_hotmail.com:

> Michael Heiming wrote:

>> [..]

>> > [ please dont bottom post]

>> See RFC1855 howto reply properly.

> You want me to read an RFC to learn how to reply...sorry, wrong
> generation to waste my time.

Seems needed if someone has a hard time from mentioning it, it's usually a good idea to read a group a little bit before posting some question.

[..]

> My eyes automatically filter them out

People get older and more wise not to waste their time...

>> - Reformat longish lines with a single keystroke?

> Ugh, it wraps

Indeed, but it looks quite often pretty crappy.

>> - Use a real editor but not some sucking http form?

> You should post text, dont post fancy formats from your
> personal editor

>> - Allow for adjustable spell checking?

> I dont care if I mispell a word on Usenet

Just a question of netiquette.

>> - Postpone articles on demand?

> I have no idea why I would do that. Oh thats because I wouldnt.

The question is if it's possible or not? Nobody cares if you fail to see the demand.

>> - Allow arbitrary things like piping some article to some >> script/command/etc?

> You are joking right? Do you have a program on the other end of the
> SSH pipe that writes an article for you?

Obviously you don't have the slightest clue how to operate a computer.

[..]

>> That's what a search engine is about, *not* some nntp client!

> Exactly! Now you are talking my language - please join me in
> pressuring Google to put the Groups link back on the main Google
> page...

Not at all, this way we perhaps get fewer google trolls such as you? ;-)

[..]

mail: echo zvpunry_at_urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 418: Sysadmins busy fighting SPAM.