Re: mysql + oracle

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:40:02 +0200

pstachy schrieb:

> Well it is a matter of safety. Some data that I have on Oracle will be
> available for users via WWW (mysql+apache+php). I don't want them to
> have access to Oracle so I wanted to have that data replicated on
> Mysql.

There are several possibilities depending on your requirements. Does the data need to be always up to date? If not, transfer a csv or xml file every hour.
Are there few updates to the oracle tables? Use triggers to keep the databases in sync.
How much data are you talking about?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.