Upgrading oracle db 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2 java issues

From: <dugmcgee_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2006 02:35:41 -0700

Hi all,

We are upgrading our oracle database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.2. has anyone had previous experience with this that they can point out potential pitfalls? I am talking more on the java side than actually the installation.

We have a java system talking to the oracle database. One system is using hibernate, the other is using a DAO pattern with direct JDBC calls. Does anyone know if this change will effect the application and what changes we must do to accomadate? For example I know that oracle 10.2.0.2 has a different timestamp (oracle.timestamp) than that of it predecesor (sql.timestamp)

We have a lot of stored procedures and soem direct JDBC calls to the database. Is anyonw aware of pitfalls or what type of testplans we must put together to test for issues?

Much appreciated for the assistance.
Dougless Received on Tue Jul 18 2006 - 04:35:41 CDT