Re: stop chugging hard drive

From: Jack <test_at_test.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:39:22 +0100

> Jack wrote:
>> I'm not trying to bluff anyone. The whole point is trying to point the
>> group to the simplest possible solution. Not get involved in 10g version
>> numbers etc etc which is a red herring IMO.
>
> Your willingness to decide what is and is not important when people are
> trying to help you has left you in the unenviable situation where the
> appropriate acronym is YOYO (You are On Your Own).

You've already told me. No need to do it again friend.

> Next time try not arguing with those who are trying to help you.

Help or patronise?

It is totally reasonable for me to decide what is and isn't relevant. Someone might have suggested I should reinstall the database? Should I? Thats for me to decide.

You never gave any reason why the information I provided was not enough, or why for instance the 10g version was at all relevant - when it isn't.

Anyway, who is arguing? You are the stalker ;-)

> And I highly doubt your recovery/archiving choices have anything to do
> with it. Archive logging does essentially nothing with a database that
> is essentially doing nothing.

Maybe you are right, but as I said Dan. I'll let you know.

Cheerio and happy easter. Received on Thu Apr 13 2006 - 17:39:22 CDT