Oracle9i JDeveloper for editing PL/SQL Code for use with Oracle Forms

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:44:04 GMT

I'm playing around with trying to use the JDeveloper editor to write PL/SQL code that I'd like to put into either a package or library for use with my Oracle Forms.

In a properties setting I was able to add all the available Oracle libraries as selected libraries. I specifically added Oracle Forms and Oracle9 iAS libraries.

Yet when I try to compile a section of code like this:

    v_Height := Get_Window_Property('WINDOW0',HEIGHT);     v_Width := Get_Window_Property('WINDOW0',WIDTH);

    Set_Window_Property(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW,HEIGHT,v_Height);
    Set_Window_Property(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW,WIDTH,v_Width);
    Set_Window_Property(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW,TITLE,System_Name);

I'll get an error messages of:

   GET_WINDOW_PROPERTY must be declared and FORMS_MDI_WINDOW must be declared.

I had thought that since I was including the two Oracle libraries that they'd be declared.

Do I have to specifically add what Oracle forms package the statements come from or what? I created this code from within Oracle Forms where it did compile and work so I know it has to be something my lack of experience isn't picking up.

Thanks in advance. Received on Sun Mar 26 2006 - 11:44:04 CST