Re: Obtain server timestamp

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 07:14:29 -0500

"Melquíades" <srsuarez_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143313771.311129.14090_at_u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
: Hi!
: I need to obtain the server current timestamp. I know that some selects
: like "SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP FROM dual;" gives the current
: timestamp, but with a non standard format (10-Sep-05 10.58.24.853421 PM
: -07:00) . I need a timestamp on numeric format type, like this
: "1139865932".
: How can I do it?
: Thanks!

:

conversion and formatting functions are available as others have indicated, but you may want to take a closer look at why you 'need' to convert a timestamp to an offset -- are there other programs that need to be integrated with the Oracle database applications that absolutely require the offset value? if not, it would likely be best to treat Oracle timestamp values as actual timestamp values and not convert them to another data type.

++ mcs Received on Sun Mar 26 2006 - 06:14:29 CST