Re: Oracle9i JDeveloper for editing PL/SQL Code for use with Oracle Forms

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:08:27 +0100

In message <EpAVf.60307$Jd.1860_at_newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net> writes
>I'm playing around with trying to use the JDeveloper editor to write PL/SQL
>code that I'd like to put into either a package or library for use with my
>Oracle Forms.
>
>In a properties setting I was able to add all the available Oracle libraries
>as selected libraries. I specifically added Oracle Forms and Oracle9 iAS
>libraries.
>
>Yet when I try to compile a section of code like this:
>
> v_Height := Get_Window_Property('WINDOW0',HEIGHT);
> v_Width := Get_Window_Property('WINDOW0',WIDTH);
>
> Set_Window_Property(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW,HEIGHT,v_Height);
> Set_Window_Property(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW,WIDTH,v_Width);
> Set_Window_Property(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW,TITLE,System_Name);
>
>I'll get an error messages of:
>
> GET_WINDOW_PROPERTY must be declared and FORMS_MDI_WINDOW must be
>declared.
>
>I had thought that since I was including the two Oracle libraries that
>they'd be declared.
>
>Do I have to specifically add what Oracle forms package the statements come
>from or what? I created this code from within Oracle Forms where it did
>compile and work so I know it has to be something my lack of experience
>isn't picking up.

Your are likely to get better answers in the OTN JDeveloper forum <http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=83>.

I would be very surprised if it could be made to work with client side PL/SQL libraries. JDeveloper doesn't contain a PL/SQL compiler: rather it uses JDBC to invoke the database compiler.

--
Jim Smith
I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.