Re: coordinate my OracleDB with a foreign OracleDB: time-problem

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:24:11 +0100

Andreas Mosmann wrote:
> Frank van Bortel schrieb am 09.01.2006 in

>>> Isn't it enough to truncate it? Why?

>> Because create table as select is a create (DDL) statement.
>> And it will fail on existing tables.
>> DDL (like CTAS) will generate even less redo that insert --+APPEND.

> But for this I need a connection, isn't it? In that case it is without
> meaning.

Well, you wondered why a truncate wouldn't do.

>> Looking at your Delphi code: looping through a cursor is
>> probably the least efficient way to fill MyDB from OtherDB.

> What is a more efficient way (without DB- Link), SQL- loader, generating
> an insert- script and fill it in after this?

It looks like I do id not quite understand your setup. I *assumed* from your steps 1-6, a single process would be capable of connecting to MyDB as well as OtherDB.

If so, why not just use a db link?

If not, I'd seriously look into some array processing, which Delphi undoubtly supports.
The SQL equivalent would be forall (forall i in ... instead of for i in...).

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...