Re: coordinate my OracleDB with a foreign OracleDB: time-problem

From: Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:26:26 +0100

Frank van Bortel schrieb am 11.01.2006 in <dq3os1$cf1$1_at_news6.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>:

> Andreas Mosmann wrote:
>> Frank van Bortel schrieb am 09.01.2006 in

>>> Because create table as select is a create (DDL) statement.
>>> And it will fail on existing tables.
>>> DDL (like CTAS) will generate even less redo that insert --+APPEND.

>> But for this I need a connection, isn't it? In that case it is without
>> meaning.

> Well, you wondered why a truncate wouldn't do. Ah, now I understand. You told me to drop because you wanted to create. But if I will not create truncate is enough. Am I right now?

>>> Looking at your Delphi code: looping through a cursor is
>>> probably the least efficient way to fill MyDB from OtherDB.

>> What is a more efficient way (without DB- Link), SQL- loader, generating
>> an insert- script and fill it in after this?
>>
> It looks like I do id not quite understand your setup.
> I *assumed* from your steps 1-6, a single process would
> be capable of connecting to MyDB as well as OtherDB.
In that moment it is. But later I only can use a web- interface to OtherDB. So a db- link will not work. (And again: Am I right?)

> If so, why not just use a db link?

> If not, I'd seriously look into some array processing, which > Delphi undoubtly supports.
The part on Delphi is no prob, but what do you mean about Oracle? How to give it an array and to bring it into a table?

> The SQL equivalent would be forall (forall i in ... instead > of for i in...).
I will look for it in the help

Thank you very much
Andreas

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de