Re: open source PostgreSQL not supportable? (Was: Challenging SQL Query Problem. Can you solve it?)

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 01:32:00 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:
> Todd wrote:

[..]

> Then again some of us also enjoy complying with international laws
> such as Sarbanes-Oxley, FACTA, HIPAA, Basel II, ISO9000. Something
> that can not be done with any shareware database.

A bold last sentence indeed!

Given I have successfully modeled the B2 IRBS, IRBF and IRBA methodologies for both EAD and RWA (mit mitigation (pun intended)) using XL2000 for the Treasury of a large domestic bank, it would not be out of reach for practically any database, shareware or otherwise, in capable hands.

By extension I'd hazard the other "names" dropped could be accommodated just as well. So just pop quietly back into your box - enuff said!

Cheers,
Frank. Received on Thu Jan 05 2006 - 19:32:00 CST