Re: open source PostgreSQL not supportable? (Was: Challenging SQL Query Problem. Can you solve it?)

From: Todd <toddkennethbenson_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Jan 2006 15:38:37 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> Todd wrote:
>
> > 2. Unfortunately, people usually stick with what gives them money.
>
> An exactly why is it unfortunate that people wish to be compensated
> for their time? Maybe you are still living with mom and dad ... but
> most of us, I suspect, pay mortgages, buy food, put kids through
> college, and enjoy the occassional glass of decent scotch.
>
> Then again some of us also enjoy complying with international laws
> such as Sarbanes-Oxley, FACTA, HIPAA, Basel II, ISO9000. Something
> that can not be done with any shareware database.
>
> But hey ... if you don't care about making money ... why care about
> breaking the law?

I think maybe I made a comment that sounded less like database theory and more like alt.philosophy. My apologies to the (I count them at) 3 news groups that I did not realize were receiving this thread.

My intent was to instill a sense of 'don't believe everything you hear'. I do understand where you're coming from.

> Daniel A. Morgan
> http://www.psoug.org
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

Todd Received on Thu Jan 05 2006 - 17:38:37 CST