Re: SELECT CASE WHEN errors when using OraOLEDB and Static ADO RS

From: <olippold_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2005 03:19:21 -0800

Thanks for your quick response!

Sorry, I should have given more information! I'm not actually that familiar with Oracle, being more a SQL Server developer.

We are using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0, and version 9.2 of the OLE DB Provider. The query works okay in SQL*Plus. I think the fact that the query uses numeric fields in the CASE clause are the cause of the problem, because I have no problems with other usages of CASE.

I will have a look at logging the actual query submitted because, as you say, it seems highly likely that this is the problem. However, since I've never done this in Oracle (I use SQL Profiler with SQL Server), I'll have to go find a tool first.

Oliver Received on Thu Dec 15 2005 - 05:19:21 CST