Running select queries only in my script

From: Hari <excel_hari_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2005 03:03:50 -0800

Hi,

Iam using iSQL*PLUS (Oracle 9i) environment to execute queries. I find it strange that I cannot execute selected part of the query syntax
(writing beginner level SQL statements). If I dont want to exceute
certain statements I have to go through a circuitous process of putting double hypen in front of them (are there any other methods for quickly commenting statements in Oracle?).

Afterwards I would have to uncomment out the above (and comment something else) to submit new set of the selected statements. In SAS one could run selected syntax by doing submit selection. Is there an equivalent facility in Oracle?

(To and fro cut-paste using notepad is very unproductive)

Regards,
Hari
India Received on Thu Dec 15 2005 - 05:03:50 CST