Re: SELECT CASE WHEN errors when using OraOLEDB and Static ADO RS

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2005 02:25:41 -0800

Is this a passthru query? You may run into translation problems: ie the actual query sent to Oracle is not identical to this one, as the driver manager is translating it.
I would try converting it to a passthru query and/or verify it works using sql*plus.
I would also enable logging for the driver to check which query is actually submitted.

Apart from that: it is advisable to include the version of the database and the driver in all your posts.
This may be a specific issue with a specific combination.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA