Re: swap/memory ratio

From: Papa Piquillo <oraclejva_at_yahoo.es>
Date: 25 Nov 2005 02:04:44 -0800

I apologize for the lack of information. The os version is hp-ux 11.11 and the rdbms is oracle 9.2.0.6 The installation docs give requirements for Oracle to be installed not for the production environment.
I know that this requirements are imposible to estimate without the information of the number of concurrent and the activity of them in the database.
I have estimated that the amount of memory that Oracle will need is 4 Gb (including sga and user processes).
I will have 2 Gb RAM and let's say 6 Gb of swap. Is this appropiated for an OLTP system? Received on Fri Nov 25 2005 - 04:04:44 CST