Re: What do Oracle professionals think of Fabian Pascal?

From: fabian pascal <oao_at_csi.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2005 20:22:55 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> And you, by some self-annointing process, know more about databases
> than we do? Fascinating. Likely you know more about them than the
> people at Amazon.com, eBay, and all of the Fortune 500's too.
>
> Which explains, no doubt, why you are a multi-billionaire CIO being
> asked to attend conferences such as Oracle OpenWorld as a keynote
> speaker.
>
> You aren't? What a surprise!

If I responded to your comments the way they deserve, I would be accused of "bad style" and somebody will probably delete it. So I won't bother.

I will just say that what you make of urself online has been picked up by other Oracle professionals that do know something about databases. And it's not pretty.

As to your notion that money, corporate popularity and keynote invitations reflect expertise and knowledge, well, it's understandable you think that: you're american. That's the notion that brings the country down the drain. But there's poetic justice: corporations that employ the likes of you get what they deserve.

You're at the bottom alright: not the bottom line, though, but that of the barrel. Received on Sun Oct 09 2005 - 22:22:55 CDT