Re: What do Oracle professionals think of Fabian Pascal?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:27:39 -0700

fabian pascal wrote:
> It's quite telling -- and very predictable -- how quickly a discussion
> on data fundamentals is veered by people who don't know and don't care
> about fundamentals--read: the vast majority--to a "funny" exchange on
> hammers and wrenches. It's happened again and again online and it does
> quite a lot to validate my claims about the state of knowledge and
> intellect in the industry.
>
> It's only natural.

It is quite telling -- and very predictable -- how quickly someone that is a purist and isn't focused on the bottom-line value to an organization such as a business entity forgets that software is a tool.

Do you criticize those that manufacture hammers because they deviate from the original design?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org