Re: SQL Sniffer

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 13:36:01 +0100

"Wolfgang Zeiger" <wolfgang.zeiger_at_t-online.de> wrote:

> i was looking for a tool like a SQL Sniffer or Monitor to view the
> SQL-statements a Oracle-forms-applikation send to the database. I must
> rebuild the functionality of this app because the support for this
> software is not aviable a long time and we must do some changes.
> Has anyone an idea how I could monitor the SQL-Statements, the client
> sends to the database?

Wolfgang, please give version(s) of db used. I have just checked and it appears that sql_trace = true appeared with Oracle 6, so it is unlikely that you will have something that old, though given the fact that you say "support..not available..long time"...

As a matter of interest, why can you not contact the original vendor and ask for code/support?

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.