I found the light away from Oracle RDBMS

From: Enlightened and Free <eaf_at_woohooo.planetearth>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:15:38 -0400

I recently stumbled upon the free open source PostgresSQL (http://www.postgresql.com).

In my opinion, this is one of the most advanced, FREE/open source RBM systems I have ever come across. It is practically easy to migrate Oracle databases to this since it supports _practically_ everything Oracle does. But it is also FREE. No expensive licensing costs. If you have one cpu, you pay nothing! If you have 10 cpus, you still pay absolutely nothing! What a novel idea!

In my opinion, if you are bent over a barrel and paying out of the wazoo and wasting being irresponsible with company and shareholder money, read on:

Be advised that there are some here that like being bent over a barrel and like to take it in the rears and pay through the nose for overpriced commercial software. They will denigrate and attack this message like they attacked early Christians. Be brave and read on:

First of all, even though it is open source, there is commercial support for those who need it, but if you are already an Oracle DBA.. it should be very easy.

http://www.Enterprisedb.com will offer commercial support:

Enterprise compatibility

EnterpriseDB works in the manner your company expects of its database management software, with world-class 24/7 support, a deep portfolio of professional services and training, and assured reliability, scalability, and flexibility.

Oracle® compatibility

EnterpriseDB has taken the world’s most advanced open source database - PostgreSQL – and enhanced it so that most applications written for Oracle will run on EnterpriseDB without modification, protecting investments in applications. Meanwhile, EnterpriseDB also maintains full compatibility with native PostgreSQL.

Budget compatibility

EnterpriseDB’s pricing represents a significant drop in the price point at which enterprises can fulfill their relational database software needs. And linear pricing ensures that price is always proportional to your needs; no more exponential license cost growth.

Tablespaces:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/manage-ag-tablespaces.html

Support for a ton of server-side languages: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/server-programming.html

PlSQL support: